cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM Profile + Card Code?

In a system I'm working with, customer profiles are handled seperately from the transaction processing.

Using the Authorize.Net NuGet library for .NET, I'm trying to create a sale transaction for an existing customer profile / customer payment profile, but I also need to pass in the card code (since it isn't stored by create payment profile and is only used for verification).

When both the payment profile and payment (card) data is provided, I'm getting back a response of:

E00091

PaymentProfileId cannot be sent with payment data.

If the card code is know by the person submitting the claim (because, for example, they are on the phone with the cardholder), I'm creating a credit card payment type and passing in the masked card number (X's with the last four digits included at the end), masked expiration date (all X's), and card code.

If I don't include the payment data, the transaction goes through without issue and just charges the customer payment profile as expected.

I'm looking to include the card code, though, to get additional validation and potentially for better rates on the transactions where the card code is provided.

Is this possible through CIM, using the Authorize.Net library for .NET? Or is there no rate-benefit to providing the card code on transactions?

--Kevin Fairchild

kevinfairchild
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi kevinfairchild,

The card code should be entered as a part of the paymentProfile block in your createTransactionRequest, not in a seperate payment block.

Thanks,

Joy

View solution in original post

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
5 REPLIES 5

Hi kevinfairchild,

The card code should be entered as a part of the paymentProfile block in your createTransactionRequest, not in a seperate payment block.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

@Joy, that's exactly what I was missing! Thanks!

@Joy, in testing this in the sandbox, I noticed that a CVV of 901 results in a declined transaction with a CVV Result of "X" (does not match), which was expected. Passing in a CVV of 123, however, resulted in an approved transaction with a CVV Result of "P" (is not processed). Under a non-sandbox environment, should I expect the result to be "M" (successful match)?

--Kevin Fairchild

It is important to note that the response triggers only work using a sandbox account. This does not work in production/non-sandbox environment. You can check the different triggers here: http://developer.authorize.net/hello_world/testing_guide/

Thanks,

Joy

Hi Kevin - 

in your post, you stated: "If I don't include the payment data, the transaction goes through without issue and just charges the customer payment profile as expected."

I've been trying to deal with a requirement where we don't provide the card code again so our merchants can charge a payment profile without knowing or storing card code.  But when I submit a transaction to charge a payment profile without the card code, I get an error that card code is required.

Are you sure you were able to change a payment profile without a card code?  If so, which API transaction was it?  When I try using the Try It option in the documentation, I get the error, no matter which way I set my sandbox account CCV verification settings, including turning off the filter completely.

Thanks,

KR

krobson
Contributor