cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM Response codes

In the response code of a CIM request, I receive a 'raw' response which is a bunch of fields.  One of them is the A.Net reference key.  Where can I find a description of the raw field.

Also, why doesn't every request retrun a reference number?

gmhawash
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, this is the transaction ID and what you would use to perform follow on action with the transaction. The delimited fields are documented within the AIM Implementation Guide, located at http://developer.authorize.net, within the section titled "Fields in the Payment Gateway Response".

View solution in original post

Elaine
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

I think that what you may be seeing is the "reference ID" or "<refId>" element.  The reference ID is an optional field for most CIM request types that you can use for your own tracking purposes.  We will always return the reference ID exactly as it was sent to us in your initial request.

If you are not personally specifying a reference ID, my best guess is that one is automatically being generated by a library or sample code that you may have utilized to build your CIM implementation. To answer your last question, the reference ID element is only included in the response if a reference ID was specified in the request.

Thanks for your question and welcome to the developer community!

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

So how would I go about reversing or voiding a CIM transaction.  How would I void a transaction, what reference id can I use to void a CIM transaction.

I just looked at the report of a transaction and it has an ID, e.g., 2150535376.  I looked at the response for that transaction, and it is the same number in the 7 th place of the direct_response.  The ruby sample code off the CIM website has:

directResponse = REXML::XPath.first(doc.root, '/*/directResponse').text
  transId = directResponse.split(',')[6]
  puts
  puts 'New transId = ' + transId

So is this the transaction ID?  Is this what I would use to void a transaction?

What is the meaning of the remaining bits of informatin?

Yes, this is the transaction ID and what you would use to perform follow on action with the transaction. The delimited fields are documented within the AIM Implementation Guide, located at http://developer.authorize.net, within the section titled "Fields in the Payment Gateway Response".

Elaine
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

A reply after almost 3 years for the benefit of those who come to this page like I did:

If you are using the authorize.net 1.5.2 gem , you can access the transaction_id with response.direct_response.transaction_id . This is simpler than the regex with xpath.