cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM (SOAP) and other questions

I'm in the process of building a custom tool using the CIM SOAP service to replace our old AIM based transaction authorization handling and I have a few (more) questions.

1) One of the issues that has been brought up here is that they occasionally need to contact a customer and get approval to place additional charges on an order using the same payment method.  They are apparently doing this via the management tools directly on authorize.net and not through our existing AIM/cart tools.  I assume that if a customer chooses not to keep their payment information stored in the CIM database (i.e. I remove the payment profile when they complete their transaction with a DeleteCustomerPaymentProfile request) that they will still be able to use the web-based management tool in the same way?

2) If a PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE is sent via a:

CIM/SOAP ProfileTransactionType->profileTransPriorAuthCapture

am I to assume correctly that this goes to the same system used by the AIM methods and therefore the same authorization code could be captured using the authcode with an AIM methodology later?

3)  If you run a PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE on a credit card, what types of holds are placed on the customer account and how long do they remain if they are not captured?  Does a hold-on-funds/balance remain if the PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE is voided shortly thereafter, and if so, for how long?

Finally but not as important, are there any methods to find a customerProfileId using the other fields in the customer profile such as the email or merchantCustomerId?

treii28
Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

One more quickie.  What should be sent as a 'state' value for countries with no states?  (empty or is there a default that means none?)

treii28
Contributor
  1. Yes. They will be able to "rebill" any successfully settled transaction within 90 days, regardless of how the transaction was initiated.
  2. Yes. Submitting a priorAuthCapture request via AIM or the CIM API does the same thing as long as you submit the same transaction ID.
  3. This is a hard one to answer fully. For most transactions, Authorize.Net submits a "full reversal" request to the card issuing bank at the time that a void is processed.  However, full reversal support varies by the payment processor that your merchant account has you set up on and the card type used in the transaction.  This support is growing, but there are still transactions where no actual reversal is sent when you issue a void.  If no reversal is sent to the bank, it is completely up to the card issuer how long they hold funds.
  4. The State field has no impact on the transaction and is not required.  It is up to you what to send in this field.

I'm useing the xml on cim and i need more info on tokins than http://www.authorize.net/support/CIM_XML_guide.pdf porvides

i keep getting:

Missing or invalid token

Hi YAKTOWNH279,

Can you provide more information? Is your server displaying this message to you or is this part of the response that you are receiving from Authorize.Net?

If this is an error that your server is displaying to you, perhaps you could include the details such as where it is occurring in the script and any additional information your server may be logging in relation to this error.

If this is part of the response that you are receiving from Authorize.Net, can you provide the full response?

Thank you,

Elaine

Elaine
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor