cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM, ServiceMode, Sandbox vs Live - Exactly the same?

I've been developing using the CIM C# SDK classes and it's going along nicely.  I know from other threads that when building the CustomerGateway class passing a ServiceMode.Test or ServiceMode.Live sends the requests to different urls and that the credentials to log into these urls is obviously different.  I only have the sandbox account to develop against, so I am unable to run any tests agains a project set to ServiceMode.Live.  Attempts to run ServiceMode.Live gives E00007, which is no surprise.  

My understanding of this process is that one should be able to develop against the sandbox and immediately switch to live mode and the same code should work against a live account.  The only configuration change should be the ApiLogin and TransactionKey for the live CIM. 

1. Am I correct in assuming that that the sandbox is an exact reflection of a live account?  
  2. Code that works in the sandbox will function exactly the same in live except the live account will actually run transactions, correct?
  3. If I am using the ApiLogin and TransactionKey in test, I shouldn't need any additional authentication credentials for the Live, correct?
crmGuy
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1)Yes.

2)Yes.

3)Yes, just need to switch to the production loginID and TransactionKey.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
4 REPLIES 4

1)Yes.

2)Yes.

3)Yes, just need to switch to the production loginID and TransactionKey.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Great!  Thanks for the really fast response.  

What about the Url's for test it is "https://apitest.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx" where as for live it is https://api.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx ? and the useTestEnvironment: true in the popup.js file ? dont we need to change these as well?

If you are using the hosted CIM, there a few more change, read the readme or the source files.