cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM Transaction Error - connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Starting this morning (first at 11/15/2016 7:33 AM CST), we've been getting errors on some CIM payments or other CIM transactions (creating/deleting accounts).

The error:

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

These occur sporadically and seemingly randomly, but they have continued all day (as of 5 minutes ago).  We have not seen these errors before, nor have we made any changes on our side recently.

Has there been some change of which we are not aware?  I see that the https://status.authorize.net/ page says that "No incidents reported today."  Consider this the report of an incident, I guess.  :)

(We are a reseller incidentally, and we process at least scores of payments daily, if not hundreds.)

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

We do not believe this was due to any release.

We've reset the boxes that serve the SOAP API -- can you confirm whether the issues have cleared up?

If you are still seeing the issue, would you provide me with the API Login ID or Gateway ID for your Production account, please?

Also, are specific API calls being impacted here, or does it appear random?

Please bear in mind that, if I ask questions, it's because we need the information in order to investigate.

Thanks!

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.

I understand.  That makes sense. 

The last error was at 4:16 PM CST, Nov 15, 2016, and we've sent a couple hundred transactions since then.

You answered my question with this answer - "We do not believe this was due to any release." - which is a good, acceptable response, which I appreciate.

Apparently, is was not caused by a change on our end nor yours.  Thank you, RichardH and Lilith for your time.  You do not need to respond to this unless you want to.

(Also, by the way, the errors happened for different clients for whom we process transactions (using their info/data), so it was more than one API login ID.)

Understood, and thank you. I'm glad this is no longer impacting.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.

Was this a firewall issuue for you? I see this error randomly in my system and there doesn't seem to be a pattern of when it happens.

Devin,

Was it a firewall issue for me?  No.

I wish I could help, but in our case, the errors just started happening suddenly (randomly and intermittently - sometimes a payment would fail and then the user would try the same payment again, and it would work - without an obvious pattern, as in your case), and then they suddenly stopped happening after a half day or so.  We changed nothing before or after, as far as we know.

Good luck!