cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CIM XML API Refund E00001

Hello.

Trying to test refunds on sandbox, but keep on getting "An error occurred during processing. Please try again." error. Charges are created successfully.

Here's the request example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
   <merchantAuthentication>
      <name>***</name>
      <transactionKey>***</transactionKey>
   </merchantAuthentication>
   <transaction>
      <profileTransRefund>
         <amount>12.34</amount>
         <customerProfileId>1200003458</customerProfileId>
         <customerPaymentProfileId>1200002531</customerPaymentProfileId>
         <transId>20000040807</transId>
      </profileTransRefund>
   </transaction>
</createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest>

Any ideas? Looks like a common problem to me, but I wasn't able to find the solution via search.

aleon
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

A solution resolving this issue was deployed and you should no longer experience an E00001.  Please confirm if your code works again or if you still are having issues.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
7 REPLIES 7

@aleon Please note that createCustomerProfileTransaction is deprecated in favor of createCustomerProfileFromTransaction.

Also, if you wish to refund a previously settled transaction, you might be better off using createTransaction, with transactionType set to "refundTransaction," and refTransID set to the transaction ID you wish to refund.

You'd only use createCustomerProfileFromTransaction, or the deprecated createCustomerProfileTransaction, if you want to create a new CIM profile using an existing transaction.

I hope this helps. If not, please clarify what you are attempting to do, and we'll advise accordingly. Thanks.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.
Lilith
Administrator

Hello @aleon

We're able to duplicate your issue in the sandbox.  But we can confirm this is only affecting the sandbox.  Our team is working to resolve the issue.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

The same is happening to us, same request type

<createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">

we receive the following response.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<createCustomerProfileTransactionResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
<messages>
<resultCode>Error</resultCode>
<message>
<code>E00001</code>
<text>An error occurred during processing. Please try again.</text>
</message>
</messages></createCustomerProfileTransactionResponse>

All this on the sandbox server.

I'm subscribing to this topic, too.

Regards.

Same error here with the exact same request. Still waiting for a resolution.

Hello,

A solution resolving this issue was deployed and you should no longer experience an E00001.  Please confirm if your code works again or if you still are having issues.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator

Thank you Richard; I've validated and it seems to be working okay. Will keep testing.

Thanks again!

Everything is back to normal for us, too.

Thank you for your assistance.