cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM & ARB creating subscriptions via CIM API

HI,

I know that you can create a CIM user via an ARB but apart from the dashboard (which is where my client is currently doing this)  Is it at ALL possible to create an ARB once the user has provided cc details through the CIM cc form?

the way my processes work at the moment is this:

User selects a tier for their account

the user is sent to CC form where. usxing the iFrameComminicator, they provide the CC details Directly to Auth.net

Authorize.net provides me with the customerProfileID and the paymentProfileID.

we accept the response and upgrade the user to their given tier

BUT

then the client has to go into the dashboard, look up the transaction and then CONVERT it to an ARB

because we have three tiers there are occasions when the user upgrades from tier 1 - 2 or 3, meaning a new subscription is to be created and the client then has to go back into the dashboard, cancel the old ARB and create a new based of the new transaction with the updated costs

This is a very liongwinded method of doing this...

I trid to impliment the ARB XML originally when taking card payments but Authorize.net would'nt 'pass' us unless we used the CIM.

I have no problem using the CIM - but only if we can create ARB's!

Once I have a customerProfileID and the customerPaymentProfileID, is there a method in the API that allows me to create an ARB without having to go through the rigmarole of manully creating the ARB??

Come on guys this is the 21st Century, I could do this 3 years ago without the need for CIM, but now that my client is forced to use it it is causing more problems than its solving.

Can this be done? if so coupld someone PLEASE point me in the direction of the right manual, XML or fucntion that I could use to create this

Oh the site is written using PHP with a mixture of my own code and the PHP SDK

any help is always appreciated.

Jim

jimmyborofan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @jimmyborofan

Customer Profiles and Recurring Billing currently do not work together, but others have made a similar requests.  I would encourage you to add your vote and subscribe to the idea should there be updates.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @jimmyborofan

Customer Profiles and Recurring Billing currently do not work together, but others have made a similar requests.  I would encourage you to add your vote and subscribe to the idea should there be updates.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

@RichardHThanks for your reply,

Yeah im a little dissappointed, but at least it looks like there is a bit of progress towards making this happen, please could you send me the link where i can vote on these new features?

All the best,

jim

@jimmyborofan Here is the link: http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Ideas/ARB-and-CIM-Interoperability/idi-p/48449

I should also note that this idea was accepted.  When development is complete, recurring billing will use customer profiles as the data storage.

Richard

I have created the "customerPaymentProfileId" from CIM but now I want to use it in to ARB, is there any way to use it or else please let me know if there is any possibility to save credit card and do a payment with that in authorize.net ??

nileshoms

Hello @nileshoms

It is not currently possible to create a new subscription using a customer profile, however that functionality will be available in an upcoming release.

Richard

Any update on this?

Shahen

Does this mean that you can copy all needed account information, most notably, credit card information from the ARB and convert to CIM? We are essentially looking to change subscription products, the old one used ARB but the new one uses CIM. We are hoping that we do not need to have customers re-enter credit card data again.

Hello @jaywilliams

The conversion from ARB payment data to customer profiles was already completed.  Think of ARB as a scheduling service that runs on top of customer profiles.

Your customer do not need to re-enter their card data, you can use customer profiles created either directly or through subscriptions.

Richard