cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM and Recurring Billing

The following update was posted on one of the latest developer blogs (11/9/2015):

"Recurring billing now uses customer profiles for secure payment data storage.  This means that customer profiles can now be used for both subscriptions and one-time payments."

I'm assuming the reference to "customer profiles" in the excerpt above is the CIM. We use the CIM API to create new customer profiles then store payment info in customer payment profiles. We've been waiting for Authorize.net to support creating ARB subscriptions using stored payment profiles and based on the blog it appeared that's what was done. However, I still don't see how Customer Payment Profiles are linked to an ARB subscription in the current ARB and CIM API Reference. 

Can someone please help me understand how the two are linked and what specific APIs support the blog statement "Recurring billing now uses customer profiles for secure payment data storage."

Thanks,

Len

lalvarez85
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @lalvarez85

We converted all existing ARB subscription payment data to customer profiles.  However, you do not yet have the ability to create new subscriptions using a customer profile with the API.  An enhancement with the ability to create subscriptions using a customer profile using the Authorize.Net API will come early next year.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hello,

I'm creating a subscription on recurring billing and get the customerPaymentProfileID and the customerProfileID from response. With these data I update the customer information.

But I got some problems with that. If I debug the profile is updated. But if I test direcly, without debug pause, the profile isn't updated. 

I need to wait some time after the subscription to do the profile update?

Regards,

Gustavo

Hello @gustavolepri81

We you create a customer profile, the data is stored immediately.  However when you request a customer profile, the information is returned using replicated data for performance reasons.  As a result, there might be a short delay of a few seconds between creating and the ability to retrieve a customer profile.

Richard