cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM and email receipts

I am using a CIM sandbox and I am having trouble figuring out how to suppress emails.  I have gone to Settings > Email Receipt and unchecked all boxes, but I am still getting merchant invoices on transactions.  I haven't had the settlement date turn over since I unchecked the boxes, but I'm assuming this will still get sent as well.  I've also looked through the other settings, but I'm not seeing anything else that might toggle this feature.  

1. Is there another way to suppress all email receipts?  
  2. I've seen other threads showing values for AIM and SIM that can turn off receipts on a per profile basis.  Is this possible for CIM as well or is that setting only sandbox-wide?
  3. If I uncheck the 'Email transaction receipt to customer (if email address is provided)' box, does a settlement email still get sent?
crmGuy
Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

Of course, right after I post I stumble upon what I believe is the answer to my OP.  

Under Account > User Profile is a series of check boxes for what appears to be administrator notifications.  So whoever is listed here for contacts will receive the emails that are enabled on the account.  

If I'm understanding this correctly, the ASCII emails beginning with the follwoing are administrator emails sent through the user profile settings.

**Please DO NOT REPLY to this message. E-mail developer@authorize.net if you have any questions.

========= SECURITY STATEMENT ==========

It is not recommended that you ship product(s) or otherwise grant services relying solely upon this e-mail receipt.

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========

Merchant : crmGuy (364746)

Date/Time : 25-Jul-2012 01:14:10 PM

========= ORDER INFORMATION =========

Invoice : 100393

Description : receipt test 1

But the nicely formatted emails that state 'REFUND CONFIRMATION' or 'Thank you for your order!' are the receipts that the customer would see.  

This confusion is obviously caused by my intense desire to only use 1 email address for adminstration and test profiles. lol

Can someone confirm or deny this for me please?  

crmGuy
Contributor

Hi crmGuy,

The email address associated with each user on the account will receive an email for each notification type that is checked under your Account tab > User Profiles or Account tab > User Administration (if there are other users listed on the account). Your customers will receive an email notification every time a transaction is charged successfully. It can be a charge through CIM profiles or normal transactions. This setting can be enabled if you click on Account tab > Transaction Format Settings > Email Receipt, then check the box next to "Email transaction receipt to customer (if email address is provided)."

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator