cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM bank account per-transaction limitations?

Hello everyone,

We use Authorize.net test system with CIM enabled. Some of the "clients" in CIM are using the bank account as their payment method (not credit card).
The issue is that the transaction amounts for such clients are limited to $100 in test system. 
We found the limitations of the test environment are documented here - http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/The-Authorize-Net-Developer-Blog/Authorize-Net-Test-Acco...
The limitation of $100 per transaction is documented for eCheck.net, but not for CIM with bank accounts.

So, we have some questions regarding this:

1. Is CIM bank account feature the same as eCheck transactions?
I.e. can the documented limitations for the test eCheck be equally applied to CIM bank accounts?

2. How can we raise the $100/transaction limitation for the test mode of CIM bank accounts?

3. Does the $100/transaction limitation exist at the live mode of CIM bank accounts?
If it exists - how can we raise the limit?

4. If the CIM bank accounts is used - should we select the eCheck option when submitting the application for the real merchant account?

Appreciated any help.

Thanks.

castor
1 REPLY 1

1) I would think so, from the context of the eCheck.net documentation:

eCheck.Net® is Authorize.Net’s exclusive electronic check processing solution. eCheck.Net enables Web merchants already processing credit card transactions through the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway to offer their customers an additional payment option.

The eCheck.Net service uses the Automated Clearing House (ACH) Network to process fund transfers from customer bank accounts to merchant bank accounts. The ACH Network is the group of financial institutions within the banking industry that facilitates the processing and clearing of electronic check payments. eCheck.Net transactions are strictly governed by processing rules established by NACHA, The Electronic Payments Association, as well as the Electronic Funds Transfer Act and Regulation E, as established by the Federal Reserve Board.

2) The page you linked to said to send a request. I would assume that means logging into your account, clicking Contact Us, and then submitting a ticket asking to raise the limit.

It is enabled by default, but with low volume limits. The monthly volume limit is $5000 while the maximum transaction size is $100. You can always send a request to raise these limits. If you don’t, it will give you a straight decline if you try to run a transaction that is more than your transaction size limit.

3) That would depend on the merchant. I will say I haven't heard anyone asking about limits since I've been here (except one person who wanted to charge really massive credit card transactions...)

4) Yes. See item 1.

TJPride
Expert