Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM batch process

We use java and integrate via CIM.

Following is our payment process.

1. Create a CustomerCustomerProfile

2. Create a customer payment profile

3. Create CustomerProfileTransaction which is of transaction type "Authorization Only"

We understand that this "Authorization Only" Customer Profile Transaction can be captured later using the Customer Profile Transaction of transaction type "Prior Authorization and Capture".

However we need to capture the transactions in batch mode. What we need to do is to create a batch file of transactions that include authorizations that were successful at the end of each day and send it to CIM to capture these authorized transactions.

1)  I read that there Authorize.Net provides a batch upload feature which allows us to upload a generated transaction file through the merchant interface, could this approach  be feasible for "Authorize Only" transactions that were done through CIM ?

Can you give me a high level outline of how it would be done, if its possible.

2) If  1 is possible, can we upload the file to a predefined ftp location that authorize.net specifies so that we can automatically create and upload the transaction file to such a location without the need for a manual upload step.

Thanks and Regards

Hikka

indrika
12 REPLIES 12

Hey there Hikka,

Unfortunately, right now, you cannot use the batch upload feature of the Merchant Interface with CIM profiles. You would still need the full payment information if you were to use batch upload.

But the good news is that we've heard from several people now that say they would love to be able to submit batches using CIM profiles, and I have passed that on to our development teams. So here's hoping! :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

OMG Michelle, just backing this up.  Having the developers add CIM Profile # and CIM Payment Profile # to the Batch Upload feature so that we can process CIM profiles with that function would be SO awesome!  I can't tell you what a difference that would make.  Is there any way to see a roadmap or get any idea of if or when such a function might be added.

Hey wiltshs,

We don't actually have a roadmap we can point you to, and as far as timing, I don't even know when the function may be available. :smileyindifferent:

All I can say is that our teams are aware of the high demand. So hopefully sometime soon we'll be able to update our batch upload process with profile IDs. But unfortunately, I just have no idea of when that may be. But once it's available, I'll be sure to post something about it here on the community!

Thanks,

Michelle

Any word on this?

My client has a membership based service where after sign-up, the members buy products every week.

The final prices for what they buy are determined after they order.

My plan was to use CIM to store the credit card info, and then create a batch upload each week.

If I can't use CIM with a batch, what do you suggest?

Asking for full credit card info each week from the same group is not going to work!

Anybody from Authorize.net able to say anything about any feature that might be coming any time soon?  The CIM Batch feature is so key.  CIM without batch is like a car without a steering wheel, you can get going but you can't change direction.  The fact that authorize.net provides a tokenizing system to minimize our PCI risk is absolutely great except that this feature is so crucial and its absence really limits the usefulness of CIM.  Please someone, tell us it's coming soon!!

Hey again,

Unfortunately, no news on that front yet. I still don't have any kind of timeline that I can report. But once I hear anything, I'll post something in the News and Announcements section.

Thanks,

Michelle

I would like to place another vote for this issue. At the moment it seems like our choice is either security (stored payment info) -OR- efficiency (batches). Please give us batch transaction imports for CIM-stored customers so we can have both!

tylercoles

Unfortunately, although authorize.net appears to moderate this community, I've really seen virtually no indication that there is a product management function or any process by which feedback from the community is taken into account by authorize.net.  In fact the list of feature additions over the last few years is very, very short. So don't hold your breath.

Hello @wiltshs

We actually DO meet on a regular basis to discuss suggestions from the community.  To help, we created an Ideas forum for developers to suggest, comment and vote on improvements and new features.

Richard