Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎04-22-2011

CIM is sporadically up and down

CIM is sporadically returning this error since at least 3/18:

 

The content type text/html of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 177 bytes of the response were: '<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Error</TITLE></HEAD><BODY> An error occurred while processing your request.<p> Reference&#32;&#35;179&#46;a7ff4f17&#46;1489957630&#46;1e8bb331 </BODY></HTML> '.

 

Retrying the request (without changes) typically succeeds.

 

Reading the message, it appears to be some kind of reverse proxy failure on Authorize.Net's side:

 

Other report on Twitter: https://twitter.com/spangalang/status/843246720058245120

 

Support ticket is #1-405807561.

 

 

@RichardHif you could convince someone to actually look at this in a timely manner it would be appreciated

 

Highlighted
Posts: 2,765
Topics: 57
Kudos: 269
Blog Posts: 67
Registered: ‎12-05-2011

Re: CIM is sporadically up and down

Hello @npiasecki

 

Do you continue to receive these errors?

 

 

If you are using an api2 endpoint and are receiving an html response including a reference number, please contact support by phone immediately and provide them with the reference number.

 

The reference number indicates an issue outside of our network that must be escalated before the data associated to the reference number is purged.

 

Richard

 

 

Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-03-2018

Re: CIM is sporadically up and down

We've been getting this same error, and discovered it's been happening since June 2017.  In our case, it's not sporadic -- it happens every time.  We only discovered the problem now, since it's an automated process used to pull transaction data for reporting purposes (the client noticed data was missing when attempting to view the year-end numbers).

 

I tried calling support, and also submitted a support ticket developer.authorize.net, but they directed me back to this forum.  Details:

 

Posting XML SOAP 1.2 requests to https://api2.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx

 

 

Sample error message:

"An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.c93de93f.1515015926.4df6249"

 

Calling the service from a daily PHP cron job on a GoDaddy shared server.

This had been working for a couple years (since 2015) before the error started to occur, no changes were made to the script. Using the API to call GetSettledBatchList and GetTransactionList.  But even AuthenticateTest produces this error.

 

-Andrew