cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVV responses broken for Visa and Mastercard

We have setup our code for AIM (consistent with these instructions http://www.authorize.net/support/AIM_guide.pdf).

Everything works perfectly for our test accounts, even with all the error response codes (900 - 905).

However, when we switch from sandbox to our live account, the CVV check no longer works correctly for Visa and Mastercard accounts. We would like to have the "Enhanced CCV Handling Filter" enabled to prevent any potential fruad, but all Visa and MAstercards are coming back as "no match".

Strangely, we are getting correct response for AmEx cards. 

We've checked our code 100x, and still can't find any issues.

Any ideas on why AIM CVV response is always generating a "no match" response for only Visa and MAstercard?  

jedimook
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think is a setup issue with the authorize.net account, how where they are not passing the CCV value correctly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

No match mean you did pass something and it not matching.

Can you log your test on the live account and make sure you are passing the right value? like it might be trimming zero or adding a space,etc.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

This is a sample of what we send:

x_version=3.1&x_delim_char=%2C&x_delim_data=TRUE&x_relay_response=FALSE&x_encap_char=%7C&x_amount=5&x_card_num=5424000000000015&x_exp_date=12%2F24&x_first_name=First&x_last_name=Last&x_address=Test&x_city=Test&x_state=AL&x_country=US&x_zip=12345&x_email=testemail@test.test&x_card_code=900&x_cust_id=1118&x_customer_ip=127.0.0.1&x_invoice_num=12345&x_type=AUTH_CAPTURE&x_login=XXXXXXX&x_tran_key=XXXXX&x_line_item=12345678%3C%7C%3Etest%3C%7C%3E%3C%7C%3E1%3C%7C%3E5%3C%7C%3EN&x_duplicate_window=1

(Obviously, we are using real customer information). On production, we've tested with 10 credit cards from friends and family. And in all cases the visa and mastercards are being "authorized" by the credit card company bank, but with the CVV returning "no match".  

We have reviewed the user info and what we passed to authorize (and for credit cards issued by different banks), and in all cases for Visa and Mastercard, we get back the "no match".

But using same code on test with the 3-digit CVV examples, we do get back correct responses in all cases. Thoughts?

It possible that the merchant account is not setup correctly, for that call the support # and give them some transactionID for them to look at.

and you sure that the CVV and not AVS response?

I've spoken to the merchant account already -- they said that the issue is between authorize.net as payment processor and the issuing bank for the customer credit card (based on the bin code for the customer card). 

Is this not correct?  Would our merchant account have any involvement in processing a transaction?

AVS response is working perfectly.

I've spoken to the merchant account already -- they said that the issue is between authorize.net as payment processor and the issuing bank for the customer credit card (based on the bin code for the customer card).

That would be an account setup issue, call support.

To clarify, when you say "an account setup issue", that would mean that the merchant bank screwed up the setup for the CVV fraud filter?

So even though the merchant account (e.g., Wells Fargo Bank) is not involved in processing an individual transaction, they made a mistake on setup with something?  What specific part of the account setup should be reviewed?  What should we asked to be fixed?

I think is a setup issue with the authorize.net account, how where they are not passing the CCV value correctly.

Great! I'll call them directly and share the result here. Thanks for the help!

It appears that this issue is now resolved. I'm not entirely sure what the fix was employed by authorize since i'm not really a dev... but maybe something with data type fields and processing the CVV as a text string?