cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CIM be considered card-present?

Can CIM be considered card-present? I think not, but I have a client who wants his CIM card payment transactions to be considered card-present because the customer card was originally present when the CIM profile was created.

What should I tell him?

ZeroGravPro
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ZeroGravPro,

Incase of Card Present transaction, card and card-holder, both should be physically present to validate the authenticity of the transaction. Transaction through CIM will fall in Card Not Present category. You can consider CIM to be more like a wallet (with no money), but saved card information. Therefore, any transaction through CIM will look like a transaction generally done for any e-commerce purchase through saved card information (which is nothing, but a CNP transaction).

View solution in original post

AforANET
Authorize.Net Expert Authorize.Net Expert
Authorize.Net Expert
1 REPLY 1

Hi ZeroGravPro,

Incase of Card Present transaction, card and card-holder, both should be physically present to validate the authenticity of the transaction. Transaction through CIM will fall in Card Not Present category. You can consider CIM to be more like a wallet (with no money), but saved card information. Therefore, any transaction through CIM will look like a transaction generally done for any e-commerce purchase through saved card information (which is nothing, but a CNP transaction).

AforANET
Authorize.Net Expert Authorize.Net Expert
Authorize.Net Expert