cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a recurring subscription from Apple Pay?

Can I create a recurring subscription from Apple Pay? The API docs say the dataDescriptor value must be COMMON.ACCEPT.INAPP.PAYMENT. But Apple Pay uses a different dataDescriptor value. Does that mean that I can't create a subscription from Apple Pay? If not, how can I do it? Please show code examples in php.

Thanks,

ryanpsloan
11 REPLIES 11

@myfedloan wrote:

"We have released this feature to support adding customer profiles with Apple Pay in prod ."

Does that mean that this feature is not available in the Sandbox?  When I try to create a customer profile in the Sandbox with an Apple Pay token I get this error:

"E00141 - Payment Profile creation with this opaqueData descriptor requires transactionmode to be set to liveMode".

I have hit an impasse on a project I'm currently working on for a client.  If we can't use Apple Pay for recurring payments, I fear they may have to abandon Authorize.NET entirely.

Maybe that’s the idea after all. For myself, I will most likely choose not to upgrade, and then buy alternative, the newest Apple device, with iOS 11 already pre-installed. More money for Apple like this. https://appdevelopmentcalifornia.com/

emilysteele