cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a recurring subscription from Apple Pay?

Can I create a recurring subscription from Apple Pay? The API docs say the dataDescriptor value must be COMMON.ACCEPT.INAPP.PAYMENT. But Apple Pay uses a different dataDescriptor value. Does that mean that I can't create a subscription from Apple Pay? If not, how can I do it? Please show code examples in php.

Thanks,

ryanpsloan
11 REPLIES 11
Today it's not possible to create a recurring payment with an Apple Pay Blob, through Authorize.Net but it's certainly on our roadmap feature list.
brianmc
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Are we likely to see this any time soon?

Is it a feature provided by Braintree / PayPal for ApplePay payments on their platform.

Apple themselves 'allows' for a subscription / billing profile.

simeyla
Contributor

I can't comment on any specific dates but I can tell you this is currently in development and should be available in early 2018 (we have the standard industry freeze period between now and the end of the year).

Brian

Do you have a timetable on when this feature will be available yet?

Hi @hatboyzero1

We are looking tentatively at  June release  for supporting apple pay for Subscriptions . 

Will keep the thread  posted . 

Thanks

Anurag

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net

Please do - I have hit an impasse on a project I'm currently working on for a client.  If we can't use Apple Pay for recurring payments, I fear they may have to abandon Authorize.NET entirely.

We are also looking forward recurring payments through Apple Pay.

Thanks.

mchelevich

Hi All , 

We have released this feature to support adding customer profiles with Apple Pay in prod . 

Now you can store the apple pay blob for customer profiles  or create subscription using it . 

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#customer-profiles-create-customer-profile 

opaqueData Required.
Contains dataDescriptor and dataValue.

dataDescriptor Required.
Specifies how the request should be processed.

The value of dataDescriptor is based on the source of the value of dataValue.
String, 128 characters.

Use COMMON.ACCEPT.INAPP.PAYMENTfor Accept transactions.

For Apple Pay, use COMMON.APPLE.INAPP.PAYMENT.

For Android Pay, use COMMON.ANDROID.INAPP.PAYMENT.

Send feedback at developer_feedback@authorize.net

"We have released this feature to support adding customer profiles with Apple Pay in prod ."

Does that mean that this feature is not available in the Sandbox?  When I try to create a customer profile in the Sandbox with an Apple Pay token I get this error:

"E00141 - Payment Profile creation with this opaqueData descriptor requires transactionmode to be set to liveMode".