cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use transaction key instead of password to login the mobile device? (in person iOS SDK)

Hello. I'm using this library for my iOS application which accepts card payments. I already have integrated code in my app but have some queries regarding authorisation with merchant account. I think it is compulsory to login the device using 'mobileDeviceLoginRequest' for performing transactions. This app will be used by our employees which must not know about the merchant credentials. So can't just I use API login id and transaction key to login the mobile device so it can perform transactions? I tried using transaction key in stead of password with no luck. I guess most of the SDKs don't need merchant credentials in the app, they just allow some key to authorise. How should I approach this?

hiren43
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Storing the API Login and Transaction key on the mobile device is not recommended, but instead use the Login ID and Password. This gives you the ability to remotely approve and disable individual devices within the Merchant interface.

The Transaction Key is like your personal Master Merchant Password.