cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I verify funds on a card, but not hold them?

Does the AUTH_ONLY transaction type verify and hold the funds for later capture, or does it just verify the funds are available on the card at the time of the request?

We're in the process of switching our application from a 3rd party CRM to processing directly with the Authorize.net API.

Until we can get our application updated to work directly with the API vs the CRM, we'd like to verify the funds are available on the credit card using the API, but we do NOT want to hold those funds.

From the available transaction types in the documentation, I see we can accomplish this using the AUTH_ONLY, but WILL IT HOLD the funds for 30 days?

What I'm trying to do is verify that sale price of $100 is available on the card for the customers order, and then when the CRM runs the charge to take the $100 sale price, I want to confirm that we're still holding $100 on the card for 30 days.

mariondorsett
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It will hold the funds. Even if you VOID it right after AUTH_ONLY, it depend on the CC issued bank to timely released the funds. 

What the point of this? Availabe credit could go below between the verify of funds thru API and the CRM processing.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

It will hold the funds. Even if you VOID it right after AUTH_ONLY, it depend on the CC issued bank to timely released the funds. 

What the point of this? Availabe credit could go below between the verify of funds thru API and the CRM processing.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
Thank you for the reply. This is what we assumed. We'll just have to keep the current methods in place until we can get the app update correctly.