cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can one create new ARB based on existing CIM profile?

Hello,

I've imported all of my customers from Stripe into Authorize. We have all of the information we need to process an individual transaction for any of these customers, but none of the recurring billing profiles that customers made was passed from Stripe to Authorize. 

We now have 8,000 customers, 2,500 of whom should have recurring billing profiles, none of whom currently do.

We spoke with someone on the phone who said we could manually make new ARB profiles manually off of existing transactions, but that this process could not be automated in any way.

Is that true, or have people found a workaround to this? We're staring down the barrel of having to manually create thousands of automated recurring billing profiles, and it's not a welcome one. We'd be happy to pay for someone to do this for us if there's a way.

James282
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @James282

It is currently not possible to create a new subscription using an existing payment profile.  However, work has already begun to add this capability to the API.  I don't yet have a time line for delivery.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Is there any kind of an ETA for this?

We're currently working frantically on a whole new workaround for this problem that involves automating our own recurring transactions within our application, using CIMs to create one-time transactions on a schedule we maintain, instead of using AuthNet ARBs at all.

If this new functionality were going to be available a month from now, I would seriously consider putting the brakes on our current development. If it's going to be three months, it's a judgement call I'd have to make. If it's going to be beyond that, I unfortunately need to keep moving forward with our solution, even though I'd rather not.

Thanks, Fritz

coppercup
Regular Contributor

Hello @coppercup

We discussed this earlier today but a time line was still not available.  To help you make your decision, I can say that it would not release until January at the earliest.  We continue to ask in our regular meetings with the product team.

Richard

Okay, that helps, Richard. Thanks for checking on it.

Fritz

coppercup
Regular Contributor

@RichardH I'm looking for the ability to do this as well. Any update on a timeline yet?

@RichardH:

I am working on a client integration that requires this functionality to keep their own applications out of PCI scope (i.e. them having PANs pass through their system is not an option).  Do you have an update on the timeline for when this will be part of the API?  I need to be able to inform my client whether it is coming soon or far in the future so they can make a decision on how to accommodate this gap in the API in the meantime that will be the least costly for them so a realistic estimate would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

@jsfreer1

This feature is now available, learn more in our API Reference: http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/#recurring-billing-create-a-subscription-from-customer-...

Richard

Hello,

Thank your Authorize.net for implement needful feature.

would it be possible with this feature that if we update credit card infomration in CIM profile then this updated credit card infomration also updates in all ARB created using this CIM ?

Thanks!

tatvaauthorize
Contributor

@tatvaauthorize That is correct.  All subscriptions using that profile will use the updated information.

Richard