cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Split Tender ID, Requested Amount & Balance On Card in position 53, 54, 55 of response

AIM

version=3.1

https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

I'm trying to integrate the Partial Authorization for gift cards.  The site already works great with credit cards.

From the documentation I believe I am only supposed to add x_allow_partial_auth=TRUE to the request to see these three fields populated on the response

Split Tender ID

Requested Amount

Balance On Card 

I see from the boards other people are having this issue to, but none of the suggested resolutions are working for me.  I have a real gift card with $5 on it.  When I try to process 295, I am being declined (good), but I don't see the three extra fields on the response (bad).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Request:

|x_login=dummy-login&x_tran_key=dummy-transkey&x_method=AUTH_CAPTURE&x_amount=295&x_delim_data=TRUE&x_delim_char=|&x_relay_response=FALSE&x_card_num=dummy-card-num&x_exp_date=06/12&x_test_request=FALSE&x_version=3.1&x_allow_partial_auth=TRUE&x_zip=50265

Response:

|2|1|2|This transaction has been declined.||N|3775486533|||295.00|CC|auth_capture||||||||50265||||||||||||||||||52EDF859EBF9E9C5CBE7656993CA3A2A|||||||||||||XXXX3221|Visa||||||||||||||||

brug92
6 REPLIES 6

Since you are running it against a production account. Are you sure you didn't authorize and/or capture that 5 dollars already?

P.S. Do NOT show your transactionKEY, that is like the password to your banking account. You NEED to change it now.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

I'm sure there is still $5 on the card.  But even if there was $0 on the card, wouldn't the Balance On Card field be populated with a 0?

The way I read the AIM Partial Authorization Transactions is that it will not return a x_split_tender_id or any other partial transaction output if the transaction is decline.

OK, in what case would I ever see the fields ( Split Tender ID, Requested Amount & Balance On Card) returned in the response?

If the user has multiple giftcards for $5 each and they have a $20 bill won't I need the Split Tender ID to join them in a transaction or is it 4 independent transactions?

Is there a reliable test for this?

From the AIM guide.

When the first transaction is successfully approved for a partial amount of the total order, a split tender ID is generated and returned to the merchant in the response.

My guess is that either the gift card didn't have any $ left or it getting declined from the bank to start a partial transaction. Have you try authOnly for just a few cent on the gift card to see if it work? Then void it afterward.

Yep, I tried with .01 and was expecting 4.99 in the  Balance On Card field but it was blank.  I can try another gift card.

I appreciate your help