cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't validate or charge VISA or DISCOVER Cards using CIM

I am having the following problem and getting very little help from my MSP or Authorize.net when I call in.  Here's is what I know:

Background: Using CIM to store payment profiles.  Everything works fine on testapi.authroize.net.  Using soap calls.

When I goto into prod I am having problems validating VISA and Discover Cards using the createCustomerPaymentProfile api call with the a validation mode of liveMode.  I receive back a reason code of 65 (meaning the CCV code does not match). I am not having this problem with Mastercards.  I can process all card types through the virtual terminal.  My code path is the same no matter what the card type is.  I have also sniffed the soap call on the wire and I can see the correct information in the soap envelope(including card number and ccv).

When I call support they tell me they are just returning what the processor is telling them(in this case my processor is TSYS) and imply the problem is on my side but can't offer any assistance in determining what the problem is.

I am perplexed as to how I can process all cards through there virtual terminal but can only process Mastercard through the CIM API..

Does anyone have a clue what might be going on?  Any suggestion/hints are appreciated.

TIA,

S.

spshealy
4 REPLIES 4

Greetings,

What happens if you turn CCV verification off and process the transaction without the card code?

Also, have you tried "oldLiveMode" as opposed to "liveMode"?

Please let me know what your results are.

Thank You!

soundcommerce
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

OK I figured it out.  The problem was on our side. Due to the convulted Java Data API I was submitting the wrong expiration date.  It took forever to figure this out b/c the gateway was returning a response code of 2 with a sub response of 65.. which in the docs I read here:

http://developer.authorize.net/guides/SIM/Transaction_Response/Response_Reason_Codes_and_Response_Re...

it said:

"The transaction was declined because the merchant configured their account through the Merchant Interface to reject transactions with certain values for a Card Code mismatch"

That says to me I had a card code mismatch problem not and expiration date issue.. and it sill doesn't explain to me why MasterCards work.

But the good news is we figured it out by sniffing the soap evenlope usng BURP.

spshealy

Hello spshealy,

Glad you were able to figure it out and share your findings with the community!

Thank You!

Am i the only one thinking this is a bug in the system? It should fail invalid expiration date not Credit Card mismatch. I'm running into the exact same issue right now and cannot find an explanation.