cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get benefit of IE11 in IE10 as compatibility mode ?

Hi Team,

We have legacy web application which supports fine with compatibility mode as IE10.

Now Authorize.net suggest to upgrade to IE11 but it is difficutl to move compelate application into IE11. 

So with IE11 browser we are setting compatibility mode as IE10 and we are working fine.

But now I am not sure whether we will get the benifits of IE11 with this IE10 compatibility mode.

I am not sure whether we will facing anyissue related to communication with authorize.net in future with this compatibiltiy mode .

What I am assuming is that we are getting all the secureity benefits of IE11 in this IE10 compatibility mode.

Please guide us.

Thanks in advance !!

raviparmarce88
Regular Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @raviparmarce88 -- Compatibility Mode lets you switch between different rendering engines within IE -- that is, it changes how the browser renders the HTML on the screen.

But the main reason why we are recommending IE11, is because its networking setup includes enabling TLS 1.2 by default.

IE10 and earlier includes an option to enable TLS 1.2, but leaves the option unchecked.

Using IE11, in any Compatibility Mode, is therefore more secure by default than IE10.

You should be fine using IE11 with Compatibility Mode set for IE10, for the time being.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.

View solution in original post

Lilith
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
1 REPLY 1

Hi @raviparmarce88 -- Compatibility Mode lets you switch between different rendering engines within IE -- that is, it changes how the browser renders the HTML on the screen.

But the main reason why we are recommending IE11, is because its networking setup includes enabling TLS 1.2 by default.

IE10 and earlier includes an option to enable TLS 1.2, but leaves the option unchecked.

Using IE11, in any Compatibility Mode, is therefore more secure by default than IE10.

You should be fine using IE11 with Compatibility Mode set for IE10, for the time being.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.
Lilith
Administrator Administrator
Administrator