cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling ARB and Silent Post notification

I've just taken over some development work for a subscription-based site, and so far I'm not terribly familiar with Authoize.Net yet.

For some reason the code that my predecessor wrote sets up ARB for clients and handles the Silent Post event s just fine. However, he never saw fit to implement anything to unsubscribe or cancel, so we're stuck processing cancellation emails manually. I am looking to rectify this, but I don't want to disable a customer's access to the service in the middle of a billing cycle that they've already paid for.

My questions are:

1. When I issue a request to cancel an ARB is there an immediate Silent Post notification? Is the Silent Post generated at the end of the billing cycle when re-billing would have otherwise happened? Is there no Silent Post at all?
  2. What are the relevant 'x_response_code' and 'x_response_reason_code' values for a Silent Post about a cancelled ARB?

Thanks in advance.

Sammitch
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1)No silent post, they are only send when there is an transaction.

2)Answer on #1)

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

1)No silent post, they are only send when there is an transaction.

2)Answer on #1)

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Hi,

Is it still the case? Is there any option to automatically get notification when subscription expired or cancelled? Or monitoring of cancelled/expired subscriptions must be done manually? 

Thanks.