cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture IP Address from JotForm for Authorize.net.

Good morning,

I spoke with Authorize.net yesterday and was instructed to contact you. I am trying to get our JotForm account to link up somehow with our Authorize.net account to populate the Customer IP filed in Transactions Details on Authorize.net. The IP Address for each transaction needs to be captured in Authorize.net to activate/use the Advanced Fraud Detection Suite settings: Regional IP Address Filter and Transaction Velocity IP Filter. Capturing the IP Address was suggested by Authorize.net as a means to prevent the testing of our forms on our website. 

I contacted JotForm and they have been unable to come up with a solution. 

An example of one of our JotForms is cfacadiana.org/contribute. We use the Authorize.net Integration or Widget through JotForm.

Thank you.

CFAcadiana
1 REPLY 1

Hello @CFAcadiana

Unfortunately this would need to be implemented by JotForm on their side.  They do capture the submitter's IP address while completing the form but JotForm is not including the address in the transaction request.

It's a great enhancement suggestion for JotForm to increase fraud prevention.  I've forwarded your question to our business development team who works with JotForm to start those conversations.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator