cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Card Code 65 (CVV) on Valid Numbers In Testing

I am using the AIM PHP API to process credit cards for a site I am building. I am using a developer account and I have tried using both the setSandbox(TRUE) function for testing and also turning on TEST MODE in the Merchant interface. I am testing the CVV response codes and using the test CVV = 901 to trigger the return of "N" card code response (reason code = 65) which is what I am declining transactions on.  I am getting the appropriate response when submitting transaction with the invalid CVV. The problem is that if I then change the CVV to a valid one (ex. 123) and try to resubmit, I still get the "N" card code response and the reason code = 65. Is this a TEST MODE thing or will this occur in LIVE MODE? In either case, is there a way to get around it other than allowing mismatch CVV codes?

rhise
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

does it work if you use CVV=900. Also for test account, there isn't any reason to turn test mode on.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
3 REPLIES 3

does it work if you use CVV=900. Also for test account, there isn't any reason to turn test mode on.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thank you for the tip! I used the 900 and it worked. The weird thing is that before I tried the 901 CVV test code, any code worked for testing (ex. 123, 456, 000, etc...). It is like once I used the first test CVV code it turned on a setting that I cannot find.

Again, thanks for the tip.

rhise

I am also experiencing this issue as well.  Testing with a code 901, then switching it to 900 or any other successful matches and am still getting a response that the code is invalid.