cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Code error message for 3 digit CVV numbers -- despite being accurate codes

, I am experiencing an error when submitting Visa and Mastercard numbers on our website.  The error is consistently the same -- Declined  (Authorization with the card issuer was successful but the transaction was declined due to a card code mismatch with the card code on file with the card issuing bank based on the settings in the Merchant Interface.)

However -- all information is correct, coding is correct

x_version=3.1&x_delim_data=TRUE&x_relay_response=FALSE&x_login=XXXXXXXX&x_tran_key=XXXXXXXXXXXX&x_type=AUTH_CAPTURE&x_amount=1&x_email=v.airisingh%40gmail.com&x_cust_id=1092&x_customer_ip=122.173.195.116&x_email_customer=1&x_email_merchant=1&x_recurring_billing=FALSE&x_invoice_num=152&x_first_name=John+P&x_last_name=Waters&x_method=CC&x_card_num=414711111111111111&x_card_code=248&x_exp_date=06%2F2015&

Of course this had to happen on a busy weekend.  Could anyone help determine the cause of this consistent error? I would be greatly appreciative.

jroemmele
9 REPLIES 9

Can't you just change the merchant interface setting and see what the return CCV response is?

Edit your post and remove your loginID and Key. Or if it too late delete it.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

they are not real numbers...but thank you.

Not the cc#, your x_login=xxxx&x_tran_key=xxxx, better get a new transactionKey.

Did you find out the reason for all these declines? I am experiencing the exact same thing and it is very frustrating because the CVV info is entered correctly.

Please let me know

thanks!

dartagnan

You getting that on the merchant account virtual terminal or thru the API? And what is the response code/ reason code?

I have temporarily removed all the Card Code Verification from my account (i.e. not rejecting anything) and it still happened a few minutes ago:

Transaction Status: Declined  (This transaction was declined due to a card code mismatch with the card code on file with the card issuing bank. This is NOT based on the settings in the Merchant Interface. Contact your merchant service provider for resolution.)

Address Verification Status: Street Address: Match Zip: Matched first 5 digits (Y)

Card Code Status: No Match

CAVV Result Code: Not Applicable

I have even tried placing an order with my own credit card, and wrong CVV and it goes through.

I just can't explain why so many customers (not all) have this issue, when they enter the correct CVV (most often with Visa).

Through the API.

Could you get the customer CC info and enter it thru the virtual terminal. Sound like the info is not passing correctly thru the API.

The declined it is getting is from the issuing bank, they might or might not reject a transaction based on the Card Code Status.

Hello,

Were you able to figure out the problem?  I am fortunate that my wife's card is causing this exact error.  When I submit it through my website/API, it fails with the error noted in the prvevious posts. 

However, when I use the virtual interface, it goes through fine.  I process dozens of transactions/day with no errors, so this is not widespread. 

Any help would be appreciated.

jdh