cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Codes with Amex Cards

We are struggling to resolve an issue with Invalid Card Codes that are still being allowed through Authorize.net.

We are pretty sure that it is not a technical  issue with our integration as we ARE sending through the card code in our Authorize.net transactions.

The issue only seems to be occurring with Amex cards. No matter what value we enter in the card code field, the transaction is still authorized.

We also have all the fraud filters set to decline in the Card Code filters.

Visa and MasterCards are working correctly, invalid card codes are being rejected.

If we view the Amex transaction in Authorize.net we are seeing:

Card Code Status: Not Applicable

We have been advised by Auth.net support that we need to take this issue up directly with Amex. However, we've now been on the phone for over 2 hours, being passed from one person to the next and nobody at Amex Merchant Services seems to have a clue on how to resolve this.

Any help would be appreciated!

nickwes
8 REPLIES 8
RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks for your email, I found similar articles but as I said in my post, we've been on the phone with Amex Merchant Services for over 2 hours and they dont seem to know what we're talking about.

Can anyone tell us who to speakto at Amex?

Authorize.net support are also not being very helpful getting this resolved. Is there anyone senior in development support who can help us?

If that is AmEx policy, then Authorize.net probably can't do anything about it. Are people putting through a bunch of transactions with stolen cards?

Thanks for your response. I realise Authorize.net cannot really do much about it, but we are simply asking them for more direction and who to speak to etc.

We've never had a problem with PayPal in this regard and we are in the process of switching to Authorize.net so we are hoping for a similar level of service and fraud protection.

Had you try asking your merchant bank. Since Authorize.net is just passing the result back. Step 4 on http://developer.authorize.net/resources/howitworks/

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, we started with the merchant provider and they told us for Amex cards they simply pass through the request to Amex. Then we spent another 2 hours on the phone with Amex on Friday but got nowhere.