cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Change payment profile of an ARB subscription

Hi All,

We are integrating Authorize.net service for an ARB subscription type payment gateway for our web application with .Net MVC. 

Our application provides option to add multiple cards and choose a default card for a subscription. So that a customer can switch his credit card for an ongoing subscription.

We could setup a card as default using update customer payment profile API. But we couldn't change the payment profile information of an ongoing ARB subscription with another already created payment profile. 

Seeking help on this.

prk
11 REPLIES 11

I have just posted a similar ticket, interestingly enough.  Watching this thread as well.

I figured out how to achieve this. We need to pass the profile ids in the profile section of the subscription.

{
    "ARBUpdateSubscriptionRequest": {
        "merchantAuthentication": {
            "name": "---------",
            "transactionKey": "--------"
        },
        "subscriptionId": "------",
        "subscription": {
            "profile": {
                "customerProfileId": "----------",
                "customerPaymentProfileId": "---------"
            }
        }
    }
}

Hope this helps.

prk

prk,

Appreciate the reply - This is effectively what I'm doing with the SDK however.. time to break out fiddler...

Thanks

"We could setup a card as default using update customer payment profile API. But we couldn't change the payment profile information of an ongoing ARB subscription with another already created payment profile. "

Using ARBUpdateSubscription is the correct way to update the subscription's payment information. Updating or setting the default payment profile for a customer does not affect existing subscriptions.

@mmcguire 

Should we be able to pass the same customer profile id used for a subscription along with a new customer payment profile id in order to change the payment on the subscription? (Same with shipping address w/ address id)

Also, should an update to a payment profile that is used for a particular subscription be reflected on further transactions for the subscription?

My apologies, running fiddler revealed that I was mapping incorrectly.

Were you able to change the payment profile ID of an existing ARB?

@pmarangoni I'm really swamped with other work right now and will be for some time.  I believe I was able to, however.  When I'm able to work on our payment project again, I'll confirm for you. I think the issue was I had mistaken my own mappings to the authorize.net object.

I couldn't get it to update.  It seems that ARBUpdateSubscriptionRequest is expecting the current Payment Profile ID, and if you pass it a different one, it can't find the record.