cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge in USD - Foreign CC Statement?

Hi,

I will be charging all customers in USD currency. However, I was just wondering how would the USD amount that I charge show up on my international customer's credit card statement?

I'm guessing it shows the amount in their home currency, but does it also show them what the USD amount I charged them was? Or what exchange rate was used to convert my USD amount to their home currency?

Also, do credit card statements usually bundle the "foreign transaction fee" into the converted currency amount that was charged or does this "foreign transaction fee" show up on a separate line within the credit card statement?

I've never purchased anything oversees; so I'm just looking to learn more on how these transactions show up on international credit card statements.

Thank you,

olimits7

olimits7
Contributor
1 REPLY 1

Hi olimits7,

There is really no one answer for your questions.  It is ultimately up to each individual card issuer how they choose to display the international conversion.  It is also up to each bank whether or not they charge an international transaction fee and how it would be applied to the statement.

Thanks,
Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator