cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CheckOutFormBuilders.cs and the AuthorizeNet.Helpers.dll

At one point in my solution I was able to edit the CheckOutFormBuilders.cs page, and that would allow me to format my Index.aspx page to arrange form text fields etc.  I would edit the HTML included in the .cs page, rebuild/recompile the AuthorizeNet.Helpers.dll file, debug, and voila! There was my newly formatted page. 

At another point I broke my solution badly and started over from scratch.  Now that I am rebuilt, I am unable to see any changes I make to the CheckOutFormBuilders.cs page.  I know it has something to do with the build of the AuthorizeNet.Helpers.dll file. However it does not matter which one I point it too, even the one with the newest "Modified" time stamp.  I am still not seeing any changes.

I also get this warning in VS 2010:

------ Rebuild All started: Project: AuthorizeNet.Helpers, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "AuthorizeNet.Helpers". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

AuthorizeNet.Helpers -> C:\Documents and Settings\[I SHORTENED THE PATH]\AuthorizeNetMVC\AuthorizeNet.Helpers\bin\Debug\AuthorizeNet.Helpers.dll

========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I have pointed and repointed to the referenc dll. Nothing changes.

SFink
Contributor
1 REPLY 1

Update:

I am able to copy the AuthorizeNet.Helpers.dll into my solution from the AuthorizeNet.Helpers bin/debug folder into the AuthorizeNet bin folder and I get the desired results.  But If I point Visual Studio project reference directly to it, I get the results in my first post.

Also the AuthorizeNet.helpers.csproj was added to the AuthorizeNet project in order to edit this CheckOutFormBuilders.cs file and it worked in the past.

SFink
Contributor