cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout Form with tax?

Right now, I'm using the simple checkout form. I know there's a TAX field you can enable on it, but it's not configurable. I'm needing to be able to charge a tax for the internet services I sell. I'm an ISP. 

Since I can't use the Simple Checkout Form, what are my options? I talked to authorize.net support and they suggested I come here to the developer site and ask a developer. So here I am. How can I make/edit a form that is just like the Simple Checkout Form, but with an editable tax field? 

Thank you in advance!

Brian

bhesterberg78
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @bhesterberg78

If you are willing to build your own form, you can use our new our new Accept.js JavaScript library to accept payments.

Richard 

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I could be willing to build my own if it's possible. Can you pretend for a minute that I don't know anything about this...and maybe point me in the direction of some very good instructions on how to do this?

Hello @bhesterberg78

It sounds like your needs go beyond what Simple Checkout offers, but you don't need a full ecommerce solution.  You might consider using a form tool that includes payment integration.  We have several listed in our Certified Solution Directory such as 123ContactForm, Formstack and Wufoo.

These solutions don't require any special development skills where using Accept.js does.

Richard

Richard, 

Thanks for your repsonses, and yes, the Accept.js does go beyond my skillset. 

I"m looking at 123ContactForm now. Are you saying that I can make a credit card authorization form on their website(to replace the Simple Checkout Form), and use it with Authorize.net? If so, once the form is completed, will support help me get it uploaded and set?

Thanks again!

Authorize.Net Customer Support cannot help you with a 3rd party product, but you may find it easy enough to use one of the form solutions depending on your website.

You may also consider an Authorize.Net Certified Developer.

Richard

I have to admit, it's pretty bad that there's not a place to put tax in this form. What kind of business doesn't charge tax??? So basically, this basic form is about worthless to anyone who wants to sell stuff. The most frustrating part is that I spent two days getting all this together and working, AFTER being told this could do what I needed it to do, only to find out it doesn't even put tax in!! There's even a field that says tax.... So WHY is there a TAX field but you can't use it?? I'm so damn frustrated right now! Nothing worse than being suckered into something, paying money for it, and it doesn't even do what it was supposed to.

yes i am also researching on it bcz it is giving me real tough time for so many months and i contact with som tax service members but there are not coprative soilution they have for me.

ales567

it is important to understand the current tax brackets in the After Tax UK. As of 2021, those earning between £12,570 and £50,270 are subject to a basic rate of 20% income tax. Those earning above £50,270 are subject to a higher rate of 40% income tax.

sgrdg