cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Choosing a Method

I have been trying to figure out what type of system meets my needs and the documentation is incomplete.

http://developer.authorize.net/api/compare/

That chart doesnt mention multiple items, stores, checkout, posting methods, etc.

I dont have SSL so I need it off site. I need to be able to add multiple items for one transaction. I want to go from click to buy right to credit page, but also need the ability to return to add more if desired. In effect I need the post page to send the item info directly to the script so there in no intermediate page.

Thanks in advance for your help.

GuitarMan
11 REPLIES 11

I should also metion I don't want to have to spent hours goofing around with code.

GuitarMan

You're probably looking for SIM or DPM. DPM has the form on your site and submits to Authorize.net directly, while SIM has the form on Authorize.net's site. Neither requires SSL on your end, though nobody's going to enter credit card data on an unsecured URL, so if you really don't want to set up SSL, that leaves you with just SIM.

All methods support multiple items. For multiple stores, if you want the money going into separate accounts, you'll need separate Authorize.net accounts, and just insert the appropriate login ID and transaction key at the transaction level depending on which store the customer is ordering from. Authorize.net does not, however, allow for money transfers back out - you can't use one Authorize.net account to credit multiple resellers, referrers, whatever.

TJPride
Expert

Guitarman,

You might also consider using an Authorize.Net Certified Solution from one of our partners.  You can see a full list here.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks to both of you for your help!

I was able to use some code i downloaded (it was not clear what it was) from this site and got it working however there are some things that i dont want.

1. The Item and description are encoded in the PHP script rather than the HTML so I would have to create a separate PHP file for each item in my store called by a link in my store. obviously that is not desirable. i want to pass the item info and price from the HTML.

2. The link to the PHP script pulls up an intermediate and very bland looking page that have them verify and press a button. The purchaser should not need to see that page. They have already decided so the item should be added to a cart and they should be sent to the information page. They would have the opportunity to fill out the info and finalize the sale, or return to the store and continue shopping.

3.  There doesn't appear to be a method of viewing the contents of the cart?

Thanks again for your advise!

GuitarMan

They are just sample of what and how to use the API. So you can change it to how ever you like.

I have been thru the SIM Developer guide and it makes no reference to purchasing multiple items.

Does the Authorize system manage the items? I dont see any forms in the Developer Guide other than the billing information form.

I have been thru the SIM Developer guide and it makes no reference to purchasing multiple items.

It is x_line_item in the additional fields

http://developer.authorize.net/guides/SIM/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=SIM_Additional_Fiel...

Does the Authorize system manage the items?

No. The x_line_item are just infomation for the credit card charge.

I dont see any forms in the Developer Guide other than the billing information form.

Because it the only thing they do. Are you looking for shopping cart software? They just start a new 3rd party solutions

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/3rd-Party-Solutions/bd-p/3rdparty

or do some googleing.

You're going to need some sort of cart if people have to be able to order multiple items at a time, since I don't believe any of the methods except Simple Checkout involve a cart on Authorize.net's end of things. As Raynor says, your best bet is probably an existing third-party cart solution, since from the sound of it you probably don't want to go to the bother of programming a cart from scratch. I'm finishing up my own cart, but then again I'm masochistic and have decades of programming experience.