cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect card data without charging card (DPM?)

Is there any options with DPM to be able to collect a users CC info but not show any charges?

I'm building an event registration database and we have events that we cover all the cost but if someone cancels we need to charge them a fee. We need to be able to collect their CC info at the time of registration but don't want any charges showing up on their cards. We'd like to stick with DPM if possible to limit our PCI responsibilities and keep the registration process simple, however if this isn't possible with DPM what are our options (limiting PCI being more important then user interface)?

Thanks!

mnapier
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The best way to do this would be with hosted CIM. You can set up a profile and payment profile, maybe verified with validation mode (internal charge of $0.00 or $0.01 with immediate void), then use the profile ID's to charge later on. Since the actual credit card entry forms are on Authorize.net, there's very little to worry about in terms of PCI.

View solution in original post

TJPride
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

The best way to do this would be with hosted CIM. You can set up a profile and payment profile, maybe verified with validation mode (internal charge of $0.00 or $0.01 with immediate void), then use the profile ID's to charge later on. Since the actual credit card entry forms are on Authorize.net, there's very little to worry about in terms of PCI.

TJPride
Expert

excellent, I think hosted CIM is what I need there's just limited information out there about it. I'm already playing around with the iframe solutions in my sandbox and like what i see, although it'll take a little time to implement.

Thanks!