cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting IP Addresses for Fruad Detection

Hi, we are having an issue with someone running hundreds of credit card numbers through our web portal for small charges of up to $3.  Because of the charges we incur for accepted and declined charges I had activated the daily velocity filter and I had enabled our website to collect IP addresses for all approved transactions.

The filter blocks the excessive charges but in doing so I do not get an IP address on declined transactions and the culprit is still running card numbers which bog down our system and cause some of our legitimate transactions to not go through.

Is there a way to collect an IP address for all transactions (approved and declined), the culprit is really hindering our ability to take in donations.  Many thanks, looking forward to your replies.

Tigerpaw01
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Tigerpaw01 

I would recommend you explore our Advanced Fraud Detection Suite which provides much tools to combat fraud . In particular, you could leverage the regional IP address and transaction IP velocity filters.

If you log into the MINT, you should be able to see IP addresses for transactions declined due to exceeding the daily velocity filter limit.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Tigerpaw01 

I would recommend you explore our Advanced Fraud Detection Suite which provides much tools to combat fraud . In particular, you could leverage the regional IP address and transaction IP velocity filters.

If you log into the MINT, you should be able to see IP addresses for transactions declined due to exceeding the daily velocity filter limit.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

When I talked to customer support they said I would have to implement/code it on my end.  OK, I'll give it a try and let you know.  Thanks.