cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming from PayPal and Need guidance

We are new to authorize.net and would like to go this foute in favor of our current paypal process.

We are a youth sports group where parents register their children for tournaments.

1. enter player information and select tournaments on first page (ASP)

2. save entered information on previous form in access db, presents payment page with paypal paynow button

3. paynow button when clicked routes the customer to paypal via the following code:

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
  <input type="hidden" name="business" value="paypal@xxxx.com">
  <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="<%=Request.Form("email")%>">
  <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="<%=(feeplus)%>">
  <input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="<%=(REGID)%>">
  <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">
  <input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
  <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
  <input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="http://www.xxxx.com/register/ipnPayPal.asp">
  <input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://www.xxxx.com">

When the transaction is complete in paypal, the ipnpaypal.asp is executed automatically on our site to post paid to the transaction.

Can we do this with authorize.net and are there any practice native ASP examples we can use?

pinkstonm
Contributor
29 REPLIES 29

The email setting in on the merchant account

Account - User Administration

Account - User Profile

Edit the user and set which and what kind of email to received.

Email setting for buyer

Account - Settings - Email Receipt

looks like it will allow you to put on a header and footer, can you change the subject line of the email?

once my production account is finalized what do I need to change to go from sandbox to live?

I haven't seen any place to change the subject on the email.

for production account

1)the form need to post to "https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll"

3)Change your loginID and transationKey on the page. Make sure transactionKey is not one of the post field.

3)make sure all the settings(relay response url, form fields, etc setting are set like the sandbox account.

I got my account and activated online but get the following

(13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

That mean you are either using a production loginID/transactionKey on sandbox server or

sandbox loginID/transactionKey on production server.

We are also coming from Paypal and are trying to setup Authorize.net.  We are having trouble figureing out from where we need to update our SQL database?  We are using SIM and have the Relay Response working.  Any HELP would be greatly appreciated.

Insert the database update in the relay response page just before you set the success URL. For instance, in PHP:

<?php
require_once 'anet_php_sdk/AuthorizeNet.php';  // Path to SDK 

// Where the user will end up
// (in this case, same URL for both success and fail)
$redirect_url = 'http://YOUR_DOMAIN.com/receipt_page.php';

$api_login_id = 'YOUR_API_LOGIN_ID'; 
$md5_setting = '';  // Your MD5 setting, assuming it's set

$response = new AuthorizeNetSIM($api_login_id, $md5_setting); 

// Can ignore this if not using MD5 setting
if ($response->isAuthorizeNet()) {

// Check response code to see if it's 1
    if ($response->approved) {

// Update your database here! 
        $redirect_url .= "?response_code=1&transaction_id={$response->transaction_id}";
    } 
    else {
        $redirect_url .= "?response_code={$response->response_code}&response_reason_text={$response->response_reason_text}";
    } 
    // Send the Javascript back to AuthorizeNet, which will redirect user back to your site. 
    echo AuthorizeNetDPM::getRelayResponseSnippet($redirect_url); 
} 
else echo 'Error. Check your MD5 Setting.';
?>

Only approved transactions are posted back to my Silent Post URL.  If a transaction is declined, it is shown in my "Unsettled Transactions" screen when I log into Authorize.net, but it is NOT posted back to the Silent Post URL on my site. 

Is anyone able to get declined transactions posted back to their Silent Post URL?

Hi bcbean,

Silent Post will only post successful transactions. If you wish to obtain information on declined transactions you would need to use Advanced Integration Method (AIM) or Server Integration Method (SIM) with Relay Response. You can also check our TransactionDetailsAPI to pull reports on certain transactions.

Thanks,
Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator