cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirming How To Test With A Live/Non Developer Merchant Account

Hello,

I just want to confirm that things haven't changed since I last asked Tech Support about this. When I move out of development credentials and put in the credentials of my client, I believe there are a set # of test cc's I can use for one time purchases using Test mode but I CANNOT test ARB with a real merchant account in test mode, correct?

That only a developer account can allow me to test ARB is what I wanted to confirm, more than anything. Is that correct?

Thanks.

jbh1977
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

but I CANNOT test ARB with a real merchant account in test mode, correct?

Correct, because there isn't a way to tell if a ARB was created in testmode or not.

That only a developer account can allow me to test ARB is what I wanted to confirm, more than anything. Is that correct?

yes.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Makes sense. As for one time purchases (non ARB) these are the test CC's to use or have they been updated to be different numbers?

American Express Test Card 370000000000002
Discover Test Card 6011000000000012
Visa Test Card 4007000000027
Second Visa Test Card 4012888818888
JCB 3088000000000017
Diners Club/ Carte Blanche 38000000000006

I would use them for the real merchant account in test mode. Just making sure I am 100% clear before I move us over to test the real merchant account instead of our dev. Thanks.

Any test cc# would do as no transaction will get save on the production system if testmode is on.

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/The-Authorize-Net-Developer-Blog/Test-Accounts-vs-Live-A...