Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Conneciton error in production mode

I am on  a Linux VPS at InmotionHosting. I have been using Authorize.net AIM for credit card payments for years with no problem. I switched on my server from using php 5.6 to php 7.2 a few days ago. Now it intermittently hangs and times out when a customer tries to make a credit card payment via authorize.net. I get: Error connecting to AuthorizeNet. I verified my server is using TLS ver 1.2. I set the php.ini configuration virtually the same as for ver 5.6 but the problem is still there. Has anyone got any ideas why?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author dean
‎12-22-2017 06:49 PM

Re: Conneciton error in production mode

I got switched over to the new SDK and it solved my connection error. I don't know exactly why it occurred on the old AIM system however I did discover a remnant of code that queried a mysql table that no longer exists. Apparently php 7.2 is less tolerant of faulty code which of course would be a good thing.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Authorize.Net Expert

Hi @dean

Did you make any changes to the code while switching from PHP 5.6 to 7.2 ? Can you please share more details on the changes as it will make us easier to understand what might be causing this issue.

Also, are you using our php-sdk for AIM or its a custom integration ?

Highlighted

No I didn't make any changes to the code and I have gotten no deprication warnings. It works now on a non-ssl subdomain so it may have something to do with the SSL Certificate that may need to be updated. It failed the first time I tried it on the non-ssl, so I chaneged the current (ver 7.2) php.ini as follows:

asp_tags = Off (I added this)

always_populate_raw_post_data = -1 (I added this)

zend.assertions = -1 (I commented this out)

After these changes, it works on the non-ssl subdomain but not always on production domain with ssl.

I am using a custom AIM system (not the sdk) that I set up 4 years ago. I am currently in the proccess of converting to the sdk so perhaps it will work with that. I will report back.

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author dean
‎12-22-2017 06:49 PM

I got switched over to the new SDK and it solved my connection error. I don't know exactly why it occurred on the old AIM system however I did discover a remnant of code that queried a mysql table that no longer exists. Apparently php 7.2 is less tolerant of faulty code which of course would be a good thing.