cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Simple Checkout Code to Emailable Link

On PayPal and Square, I'm able to send an email with a link that my customers can click which takes them to a hosted payment page.  It seems like Authorize.net's "Simple Checkout" process is similar, however it requires that I embed the code on a web page.  Is there any way to convert this code into a link that I can send via an email?  Is there any other way to create a link that a customer can click to go to an authorize.net hosted page and make a payment?  I'm willing to pay for help on this.

Thanks,

Michael

michaelmurf
6 REPLIES 6

Hi michaelmurf,

The only way to do this right now is to use an intermediare page. Where users are directed to the merchant's site from the email and from there directed to the payment form.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Joy so are you saying that there is no way to email a link to someone that they can click and then be taken directly to the Simple Checkout page?  Even if I was to hire someone to write some custom code to do this for me?   

It is not very efficient for my merchants to have to (1) create a simple checkout item, (2) get the code for the simple checkout item, (3) create a page on their website for each new item, (4) embed the simple checkout code for each item on its own page, and (5) send email to customer directing them to the web page where they then have to click the checkout button to be taken to teh Simple Checkout payment form.  

Is this functionality (emailable payment links) I could pay Authorize.net to create?  It is going to be difficult convincing my merchants to move from Square and PayPal (where they can email payment links to their customers) to Authorize.net where they have to go through the process of creating new web pages and embedding Simple Checkout buttons each time they want to send a customer an invoice.

thanks,

Michael

Hi @michaelmurf,

I can't make any promises about dates or details, but enhancements for the Simple Checkout process are definitely something we have planned for the future. I agree with you that something like this would be really useful.

In the meantime, I'd encourage you to post this onto our Ideas Forum where others can take a look, contribute feedback, and vote for new features.

Hi,

We would to allow our customers to make online payment. I know there's a simple checkout system to embed a button to our website. However, we need a link. This is what our web developer is saying: "

We don’t have the ability to create/use buttons and are just looking for the actual web link that directs to the payment page.  All we are doing is adding that web link as a link to your TSC.  There is not any true button customization or anything like that in the TSC site so the code that they’ve provided below is not something that would be useable.  

I do see that there is the web link that they’ve included as part of the button below, so I’m wondering (and hoping) that there is a way to customize that link so that it’s specifically for your company and directs right to the payment page you are needing to use.  That’s the only way we will ever be able to get the direct link to work.     

This is an example of what I mean:   https://secure.modpay.com/vterm/vterm1.cfm?an&clientcode=EB8460A0&ae=1"

Please help!

Hello - did you find any solution for this? we are also looking for option to email payment link to customer which takes them to auth.net accept payment page.

It seems like Authorize.net could implement something like this. A simple https url with parameters of : MerchantID, InvoiceID, amount (only positive allowed). That's really all that is needed.

Sure, the user could get creative and change any of those, but since they can't make the amount negative, the worst they could do is pay LESS than what the merchent wants. (or if they tweak the other numbers, they could pretend to pay a different invoice or for a different merchent). Is this what paypal and other services offier with simple links?