cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create ARB Subscription using CIM Payment Profile

Hello! Hopefully I can get some assistance on what I hope is an easy problem. From what I've read it seems as though interop between ARB and CIM is now implemented, however I can't for the life of me find any example or documentation on how you would go about creating a new ARB subscription from a CIM Customer Profile and Payment Profile. I'm using the C# SDK and there are no samples for this, and no indication of how you would go about it that I've been able to find and google searches as well as browsing this forum have been fruitless in explaining how to use this new feature. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thank you very much!

Chris

cmonson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

This feature is now avialable for testing in the sandbox and will roll to production very soon.

Richard

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
                <merchantAuthentication>
                                <name>89nE4Beh</name>
                                <transactionKey>KEY</transactionKey>
                </merchantAuthentication>
                <refId>Sample</refId>
                <subscription>
                                <name>Sample subscription</name>
                                <paymentSchedule>
                                                <interval>
                                                                <length>1</length>
                                                                <unit>months</unit>
                                                </interval>
                                                <startDate>2020-08-30</startDate>
                                                <totalOccurrences>12</totalOccurrences>
                                                <trialOccurrences>1</trialOccurrences>
                                </paymentSchedule>
                                <amount>10.29</amount>
                                <trialAmount>0.00</trialAmount>
                    <profile>
                                <customerProfileId>35772885</customerProfileId>
                                <customerPaymentProfileId>35482177</customerPaymentProfileId>
                      </profile>
                </subscription>
</ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest>

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Thank you for your reply! I'd already read both of those posts and all comments associated with them but they appear to be contradictory to me. The first link says that those features would be added in a future release, and goes on to say that release would be later in February and it appears that release happened. In addition the email I received from authorize.net notifying me of the addition of this feature said it'd be implemented by February 2. Is that not the case?

If it's not yet implemented does anyone have a time frame on when it will be? We've already devoted considerable development time to implementing the CIM with ARB workflow into our application. We figured that an official email from Authorize.net with a firm implementation date that was about 3 days from when the email was sent was enough to guarantee that we'd be safe to implement this a month or more after the date they gave. Any additional information would be very helpful.

the 2/18(delay release) is for

The last stage of this project is being released between January 28 and February 2, 2016. As part of that release, we are creating customer profiles for your existing ARB subscriptions. Those newly created profiles will be viewable in the CIM section of the Merchant Interface along with any other profiles you’ve already created.

future release

Additional API Enhancements

Along with the changes above, we will be updating the following three API calls in a future release:

• ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest  will be able to accept Customer Profile IDs to populate the customer and payment information.
Well that's exciting. The email they sent out has both parts as the same release on Feb 2. I had thought the whole thing had been delayed and then released on Feb 18. That's less than ideal. Thank you for the information even if it's not what I wanted to hear.

I would suggest subscribing to our blog posts so you'll get automatic notification when this release happens... very soon. :)

Richard

Hello,

This feature is now avialable for testing in the sandbox and will roll to production very soon.

Richard

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
                <merchantAuthentication>
                                <name>89nE4Beh</name>
                                <transactionKey>KEY</transactionKey>
                </merchantAuthentication>
                <refId>Sample</refId>
                <subscription>
                                <name>Sample subscription</name>
                                <paymentSchedule>
                                                <interval>
                                                                <length>1</length>
                                                                <unit>months</unit>
                                                </interval>
                                                <startDate>2020-08-30</startDate>
                                                <totalOccurrences>12</totalOccurrences>
                                                <trialOccurrences>1</trialOccurrences>
                                </paymentSchedule>
                                <amount>10.29</amount>
                                <trialAmount>0.00</trialAmount>
                    <profile>
                                <customerProfileId>35772885</customerProfileId>
                                <customerPaymentProfileId>35482177</customerPaymentProfileId>
                      </profile>
                </subscription>
</ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest>

Thank you very much for your work in getting this implemented. It is much appreciated!

This feature is now in production, but the API Reference updates are not yet complete.   We'll do a larger blog post when that is available.

Richard

Soap not supported? not seeing it in the schema

https://api.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx?op=ARBCreateSubscription