cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create customer payment profile from transaction

Hi, 
I am working on a project where I need to create ARB for existing transactions. There  are no customer profiles in the account.

I thought creating customer profile from transaction (using email) which is successfully completed. However customer payment profile is not being created from the existing transaction. 

For new transactions, I can use transactions API to create subscriptions and customer profiles. But I need suggestions for existing transactions.  

Can anyone suggest me a workaround? 

Thanks. 

webacers19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am not entirely sure that I am following your question correctly, so please forgive me if I've misunderstood. 

You cannot create a Subscription from an existing transaction via API, this is only available to a user in the Merchant Interface. 

Instead, you can create a Customer Profile from an existing transaction using createCustomerProfileFromTransactionRequest followed by a ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest referencing the created Customer Profile ID and Payment Profile IDs. 

I hope this information is helpful to you. 

Thank you,

Elaine

View solution in original post

ElaineM
Moderator Moderator
1 REPLY 1

I am not entirely sure that I am following your question correctly, so please forgive me if I've misunderstood. 

You cannot create a Subscription from an existing transaction via API, this is only available to a user in the Merchant Interface. 

Instead, you can create a Customer Profile from an existing transaction using createCustomerProfileFromTransactionRequest followed by a ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest referencing the created Customer Profile ID and Payment Profile IDs. 

I hope this information is helpful to you. 

Thank you,

Elaine

ElaineM
Moderator Moderator