cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card logos on checkout form page with SIM

I am setting up integration with SIM for a customer.  We actually don't want to accept American Express at this time because it apparently requires setting up a Merchant account with AMEX.  On our site checkout we display only VISA, MC and DIscover, but the credit card logos on the ANET set include AMEX.  Is there a way to substitute your own images for credit cards accepted, or at least hide the AMEX icon?

sscotti
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi sscotti,

If American Express logo is showing in your hosted form, this means that this card type is enabled on the gateway side. We can disable this for you which is done at the account level.

We can't promise that the CSS won't change so I would suggest that you call our support at 877-447-3938 any time to modify the accepted card types for your account.

Thanks,

Joy

View solution in original post

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
4 REPLIES 4

I actually figured out a way to do that using CSS in the header HTML, assuming that ANET does not change the src url to the logo.

<style type="text/css>
img[src*="content/Amex.gif"] {
display: none;
}
</style>

/sds

sscotti

Hi sscotti,

If American Express logo is showing in your hosted form, this means that this card type is enabled on the gateway side. We can disable this for you which is done at the account level.

We can't promise that the CSS won't change so I would suggest that you call our support at 877-447-3938 any time to modify the accepted card types for your account.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for the information.  It would be best to call support about that then.

I have a couple unrelated questions that I think I understand, but perhaps you could clarify.  I am the developer for the account, not the account owner.

1.  I am using the SIM method.  I chose that because I would rather have all of the credit card transactions performed on your server rather than collecting all of that information on our server and using AIM, although I might want to do that in the future. I am using a relay response and processing the POST data that you send back to us.  I am storing the username, e-mail, phone, some information about the order and the transaction ID and authorization code, no other information.  More detialed information is available on the Merchant's ANET account.  I am still a little confused about how that is implemented on your end.  It seems that you send the post in the background somehow (similar to an AJAX call or a header redirect) such that the output that I generate (a custom receipt) is captured and display on your server page (the url is on your server).  It all works fine, but the user has to click a link that I provide to return to our website.  I would prefer to have the relay actually direct the users browser back to our website to display the receipt.  That doesn't seem possible with the SIM method.  Is that a business or regulatory requirement for the SIM method.

2.  The Merchant got an e-mail about PCI compliance.  Is that something that I have to assist with completing?  She said that they ask for an IP address.  Is that the IP for the hosted account for our website, or an IP address for her business location.  For the PCI compliance, whhat do I have to know as a developer (i.e. what information can we store in our database about transactions, what sorts of notices do we have to include in the receipt, on the hosted CC form, etc.

Thank you.

Howdy! It appears that we are configured correctly in so far as completing transactions is concerned, however, the icons for the individual credit card companies aren't fleshing out completely. See below. Any thoughts?  Thank you.

Link to a screen grab of the problem: How can I get the icons to exhibit properly?