cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Field

We are running a donation campaign and would like various alumni to be acknowledged for the funds that

come in through them.  Ideally I would create a customized link for each alumnus which will pass a "FundraiserID" 

to the payment gateway, so that when we see our report of transactions for the day this FundraiserID shows up. 

I am not clear if a custom field can be created and added to html to substitute for the button we currently use.

If you can tell me how to do this, I will be very grateful.

Plan B is to ask the donor to fill in a field labeled "REFERRED BY", which they may or may not do.

(I can't make the field required because not everyone is referred.)

However, this code that I was given is not even doing that:

<input type="hidden" name="x_rename" value="x_Description,Referred by:">

Does not change the "Description" label at all.  Since I am really illiterate in HTML, I would greatly appreciate

if someone can help me correct my syntax.

MrsS
5 REPLIES 5

are you using simple checkout? or other API?

As far as I know, you can't pass anything extra for simple checkout.

But if it SIM, I tried it and it work, where did you add the <input /> ?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

I am using Simple Checkout.

Using the code Authorize.net gives me, I created a button to link to Simple Checkout

by pasting the following html on the web page:

<form name="PrePage" method = "post" action = "https://Simplecheckout.authorize.net/payment/CatalogPayment.aspx">
<input type = "hidden" name = "LinkId" value ="xxx882e-xf" />
<input type = "submit" value = "Raffle &gt; $180" />

According to this help page that they gave me,

https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A621

I can modify the code by adding:

<input type="hidden" name="x_rename" value="x_description,Referred by:"> 

It doesn't generate any error, but clearly I am missing a bracket or something. 

As I said, I can look at HTML& guess what it's doing, but I sure don't know how to speak it correctly!

I also tried

<input type="hidden" name="x_rename" value="x_Description,Referred by:"/>

that doesn't work either.

And how about the merchant-defined field in Simple Checkout?  I tried searching for that & all I got was broken links.

And a page saying you CAN'T rename a field, you have to collect the info yourself & pass it with a merchant defined field.

As far as I know you can't add or modify anything for simple checkout. it is what it is. You can add it but it will NOT take it.

The rename fields thing is new(er), but it only for SIM.