cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer receipt email not being sent in sandbox

I'm in the process of recoding my SIM application to use .net API. I'm not receiving any customer receipt emails. I have the email receipts setup in the settings and this is working fine in our production SIM process. 

I'm using the API authCaptureTransaction type and have an email set in the

customerAddressType
            {
                firstName = paymentInfo.FirstName,
                lastName =  paymentInfo.Lastname,
                address = paymentInfo.Address,
                city = paymentInfo.City,
                state = paymentInfo.State,
                zip = paymentInfo.ZipCode,
                email = paymentInfo.Email
            };

I also have the transactionRequest.transactionSettings set to:

new settingType[]
                { new settingType() { settingName = settingNameEnum.emailCustomer.ToString(), settingValue = "true" },

But I don't receive any email on a successful transaction.

During testing on my sandbox account I initially had the payment  form field email marked as required. My test transaction always returned an error "email is required" after I unchecked the email required checkbox my transaction complete successfully. 

Jay

jbowman
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After reading the API documentation. I needed to create a customerDataType and add it to the transaction request customer property. The email field in this object is used for the receipt responce email notification, not the email in the billTo object.

View solution in original post

jbowman
1 REPLY 1

After reading the API documentation. I needed to create a customerDataType and add it to the transaction request customer property. The email field in this object is used for the receipt responce email notification, not the email in the billTo object.

jbowman