cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CutstomerID field is NULL in Properties of ReportingGateway.GetTransactionList

I am using the ReportingGateway.GetTransactionList to obtain a history of payment transactions made. For some reason, the CustomerID property on the Transaction objects is always NULL.

However, when we look up the same transactions in a different report, the Customer ID field seems to be populated.

Any insights into why that would be?

MitchLampert
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In the Transaction Details API documentation GetTransactionList do not return CustomerID, GetTransactionDetails do.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

In case anyone needs to know:
The report where we see Customer IDs is on Authorize.net's web gateway, under "Search by Batch" and downloading as a "Standard/Tab Delimited" file.

MitchLampert

In the Transaction Details API documentation GetTransactionList do not return CustomerID, GetTransactionDetails do.

Ah, I see. So, I have to call GetTransactionDetails for the Transaction ID of every item in the list to get that field. Thanks!

I just wanted to mention one more minor thing: It seems Transaction Details does NOT return the first or last name of the of the person who made the payment, but Transaction List DOES. I can deal with that. But, I just think it's odd, and might be noteworthy to someone else.

Could be a bug with the SDKs.