cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPM Merchant-Defined Field: Maximum length of value string?

What is the maximum length of the value string I can submit as a Merchant-Defined field in a DPM transaction? I'd like to use it as a backup place to store some extra product data that can sometimes get fairly long, and I don't want to risk breaking anything.

(I'm aware that I cannot use this to store anything personally identifying. No worries there.)

Thank you!

rattify
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @rattify 

Merchant defined fields are not stored as part of the transaction, they are simply echoed back with the relay response.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Please don't worry about my implementation, I know it's just echoed in the relay. That's how I'm using it. It goes into a server log and is emailed to the fulfillment center etc etc. I appreciate the concern but there is no need :) This isn't my first time at the Authorize dance. I just can't find the answer to this one question anywhere and would rather not hunt it down by trial and error.

Do you happen to know the maximum length of the value string? That's all I'm asking right now. Thank you!

rattify

We don't have a strictly defined maximum value for merchant defined fields. You can safely use it for several thousand characters.

Thanks,
Joy
Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator