cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPM - Security Code Error

I'm trying to implement DPM. The .NET SDK is made for MVC and I have a webform site. It looks like DPM and SIM are pretty much the same except that the payment form is on my site and is posting directly to the payment gateway. So, I created a payment form with input tags with the correct name/id (x_first_name, x_card_num, x_card_code, etc.) for cardholder information and hidden input tags for the other necessary information (x_relay_url, x_fp_hash, x_login, etc.). All works well (data is posted directly from the client to the gateway, the gateway transfers the response to the post to the x_relay_url) except I get an error from the gateway "The specified security code was invalid." The documentation says that the customer entered an incorrect security code and that another one will be generated for the customer to try again. Well, I'm not using an ANet hosted payment form so there is no security code picture and hence no security code is being transmitted.

How do I tell the gateway that I'm using DPM and not SIM so there is no securty code?

tad
8 REPLIES 8

What I am doing is pretty simple. I'm posting (via HTML form) the following to https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

x_first_name (Test)

x_last_name (Person)

x_email (a valid e-mail address)

x_address (1234 Test Street)

x_zip (12345)

x_card_num (4111111111111)

x_card_code (123)

x_exp_date (1210)

x_description (This is a test)

x_amount (1.00)

x_login (my API Login ID)

x_type (AUTH_CAPTURE)

x_invoice_num (a unique random number)

x_version (3.1)

x_relay_response (TRUE)

x_relay_url (a valid url that I listed in the Merchant Interface)

x_test_request (TRUE)

x_fp_hash (a valid fingerprint hash)

x_fp_sequence (same value as x_invoice_num)

x_fp_timestamp (UTC time)

x_method (CC)

Why am I getting the "The specified security code was invalid." error?

tad

Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net and click Account from the main toolbar. Then click Payment Form under the Transaction Submission Settings. Select Form Fields and scroll to the bottom of the page and check to see if Require the Security Code feature on the Payment Form is checked. If it is, uncheck it. This should clear up the error. If it's not checked, please reply to this post and let me know.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Hi,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to add "security code" to the DPM implementation instead of disabling it?

Thanks!!!

The reason I ask is that some of our forms are using SIM and needs to use the 'security code'... However, now that we are transitioning to DPM, if we disable the security code, then the existing SIM implementation will no longer have the security code.

If we can embed the security code in our DPM form, then that is the best option... Let me know if this is possible and how I can go about embedding the security code...

As the system is currently designed,  this isn't possible.  I can definitely forward this on to our product team as a feature request, but there is no short-term solution other than to move all of your SIM forms to DPM.

Thanks! it's ok.. we've just disabled the security code... However, i did find something that probably should be forwarded to your development team... Posted it here:

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/DPM-Java-Result-object-and-non-m...

1st post has this use case:

Valid CC, change the MD5 setting (which produces non-matching MD5 in the code and merchant account)

- card is charged even though the MD5 setting is not matching and the response codes are not even 1... they are response code: 3, response reason code: 19

2nd posting has this use case:

Valid CC, correct MD5 setting in the code, and x_test_request=FALSE -- response code: 1, response reason code: 1

Valid CC, correct MD5 setting in the code, and x_test_request=TRUE -- response code: 3, response reason code: 19

... whether x_test_request is true or false... it should give the SAME response/response reason code

Hi, I use PHP DPM and the field Require the Security Code feature on the Payment Form its unchecked,

Im getting 3-99 error Applicable only to SIM API. The server-generated fingerprint does not match the merchant-specified fingerprint in the x_fp_hash field.

Can you tell what can I do for solve this?

Thanks

An erorr 99 isn't related to the usage of a Security Code or not, it simply means that the plugin you are generating is invalid.  The most common cause of the error is the usage of an invalid Transaction Key.  You can find more information at our Response Code 99 Tool.