cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPM / basic submitting questions...

ok, i have a page already set up to get the customer CC info (plus it displays their product choice etc)

how do I submit the info? looking at the samples, its calling AuthorizeNetDPM::getCreditCardForm which is its own form... what do i do to use my own? Would i be using the hidden fields listed in the DPM pdf (even though it says those are for AIM)  - basically.. where is the REAL list of required fields? lol  

maybe i should just pull open the php code they use and pick out whats needed?

another question.. i of course want to store the customer order info (not the CC!) could i gather the info on my form, post to a submit script, where it populates the variables... stores the order info in the db, then submits? or should i just store the order info on the load of the payment form?

thanks!

StaticFX
7 REPLIES 7

Although all three, DPM, SIM, AIM use the same URL, DPM is much closer to SIM. The min fields are show on the Java section on the DPM.

You can get the customer order info with relay response or silent post.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

i did .. after many tries... got the submission to work! and authorize - hard parts overt yay lol...

ok, i saw on the email response that there are many other fields I could use. My question is - this is for a flower shop and i will have the delivery info. I see i can submit that as maybe the ship to address, but what about a few other fields? the card message could be up to 160 chars. could i push that in a custom field? seems a bit large.  

id rather not store some info, then, update/fill in the rest after submit. To do that i would need to store the info as the customer got to the payment page... if they decided to hit back.. then submit again... it would store again.

oh.. whats a silent post? 

Thanks Raynor!

no i didnt change anything.. and tried again

"Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/content/g/b/n/gbng3/html/shop/anet_php_sdk/lib/AuthorizeNetSIM.php on line 37"

ok, i saw on the email response that there are many other fields I could use. My question is - this is for a flower shop and i will have the delivery info. I see i can submit that as maybe the ship to address, but what about a few other fields? the card message could be up to 160 chars. could i push that in a custom field? seems a bit large. 

http://developer.authorize.net/guides/SIM/Submitting_Transactions/Merchant-defined_Fields.htm

oh.. whats a silent post?

silent post is simlar to relay response except that no one will see it, it will get call when authorize.net process the transaction.

"Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/content/g/b/n/gbng3/html/shop/anet_php_sdk/lib/AuthorizeNetSIM.php on line 37"

Not sure, not a php developer, you probably need to look at source.

ok thanks... will look into that more.

i added code to spit out info ... then found where its erroring. and honestly im confused as to why no one has said this before?

the code in AuthorizeNetSIM.php

line 37

$this->$name = $value;

AND

$this->$key = (isset($_POST[$value]) ? $_POST[$value] : "");

is wrong.. you dont put a $  when using a member var like this.

$this->name = $value;

$this->key = (isset($_POST[$value]) ? $_POST[$value] : "");

this is your SDK!???  anyone?

You are correct that this code would be wrong if the name of the member variable we were trying to set was "name".  In this case, "$this->$name" is not referring to a member variable called "name".  Take this pseudocode for example:

$object = new object()
$name = "x_login"; $object->$name = "username";

This code would set $object->x_login to "username", it is not an error. This is the type of behavior that you are seeing in the SDK.

yep  - sorry wasnt thinking! lol

tweaking that code caused other issues in testing then i realized (after staring at the code for an hour) what it was doing! LOL

anyways... after MANY MANY MANY hours of tweaking and testing, i think i have it all set! My official account was set up today and i am setting up the details now before turing it ON.  

Thanks All!