cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPM- initializing a capture only transaction just by using transactionId and authorizationCode?

At the moment I'm implementing DPM for our customer. The reason we chose DPM was because we didn't want to save end customer’s payment information on our servers.

when an end customer place an order in the shop we send an Authorization transaction to Authorize.net (by DPM). until this point everything works perfectly and I can see the authorization transactions in the dashboard.

later on we need to send a capture only transaction per order and as I can see in DPM documentation it is recommended to use AIM to send the capture only transaction. To initialize this transaction based on Appendix A in AIM integration document we are going to need the credit card number and exp_date as a part of the minimum required fields. this requirement to initialize a capture only makes the whole idea of using DPM totaly meaning less!.

Question: is there anyway of initializing a capture only transaction just by using transactionId and authorizationCode?

Schouler
1 REPLY 1

Use "Prior Authorization and Capture", not "capture only".

RaynorC1emen7
Expert