cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPM response URL handling -- META refresh

Hi -- been using the AuthNet DPM process for about 2 years now.  Works great overall...  we process a couple hundred orders per day on our site using DPM.

Occasionally, some people have trouble with the response URL and how it parses the good/bad response using the META refresh tag.  Evidently, DPM requires a second or so to validate the HTTP headers of the response URL before redirecting to a "declined/invalid card # page" or "receipt page".  Some people's browsers/firewalls (very few) do not allow META refresh or they error out on it.

I've tried lots of other techniques to work around it and all of them result in a message from AuthNet that "Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.".

Anyone else experience issues with META refresh and come up with a good solution?

---

Here is the code I am using: on the response page (# == encapsulated variable)

<html><head><script language="javascript">
<!--
window.location="#redirect_url#";
//-->
</script>
</head><body><noscript><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1;url=#redirect_url#"></noscript></body></html>

ptmclellan
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @ptmclellan

It's been a while since this was first posted. I would recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if anyone from the community is able to respond with any comments. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Richard...  any word on this issue though?

ptmclellan