cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DPM with EChecks - launching 2 transactions from 1 user action

This is my situation - I am constructing an ecommerce website where buyers and sellers will meet. Sellers can pay buyers by credit card, debit card or echeck. The sellers are typically banks. I take a commission for each transaction. I am evaluating payment gateways and I came across DPM with echecks which looks like a solution I can use. I want the buyers information to reach sellers as quickly as possible.

1. What happens with echecks? After I capture the required information from the buyer, can I programmatically create 2 transactions - one for my commission and one for the seller? Will the buyer see 2 transactions in this case in his statement? How does this work?

I am concerned that if I wait for the amount to hit my merchant account and then I transfer it to seller, the time to execute may become doubled. I am also concerned that the sellers may not start their work till the money reaches them.

2. With credit cards, though the information is almost realtime, do I need to do my transactions the same way? Initiate a transfer for my commission and initiate another transfer with sellers?

I know that one way to solve this would be simply send all transactions to sellers and get a daily / monthly settlement from them, but it seems to me that I will be having a counterparty risk.

To this question, I don't think programming language matters but as an fyi it will be php.

Ecomguy
1 REPLY 1

You can't do that in authorize.net, the transaction charge will only go to your merchant bank account.

Talk to your bank to see what the options

RaynorC1emen7
Expert